Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee
In accordance with the All-Russian Anti-Doping Rules, as well as the International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions, the Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee (TUEC) was established to ensure the right of an athlete to carry out professional activities without Anti-Doping rule violations in the case when, for medical reasons, it is necessary to use substances prohibited in sport and / or methods.
The Supervisory Board of RAA RUSADA decides on the establishment of the TUEC, approves the documents regulating the activities of the Committee, and exercises control over the activities of the Committee. Members of the are also appointed by the Supervisory Board.
The role of the Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee is to conduct an independent and competent review of TUE requests. TUEC activities are carried out in accordance with the Regulations on the Therapeutic Use Committee.
The TUEC takes into account in its activities both the issues of protecting the health of athletes and the social significance of Anti-Doping activities and the protection of the principle of clean sport.
TUE requests are considered in strict accordance with the principles of medical confidentiality. In particular, confidential information is considered:
- information on the fact that the athlete has applied for permission for the therapeutic use of a prohibited substance and (or) method;
- any information and data of a medical nature provided by the athlete and his doctor/doctors;
- any data specified in the TUE request, including the name and surname of the doctor/doctors involved in the process.
Composition of the Therapeutic Use Exemption Committee
Taking into account the nature of incoming requests for TUEs, the following specialists are included in the TUEC of RAA RUSADA:
- Badtieva Victoria Aslanbekovna
Members of the TUEC:
- Sichinava Nino Vladimirovna, doctor of medical sciences, doctor of the highest qualification category.
- Sharykin Alexander Sergeevich, professor, doctor of medical sciences.
- Didur Mikhail Dmitrievich, professor, doctor of medical sciences.
- Komelagina Elena Yurievna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, doctor of the highest qualification category.